Many of you might know about Insomnia but there is much more into it. It’s not only the common sleep disorder but it also effects our body structure. Let’s see how insomnia affects our mental health and body structure:
Before starting with it’s affect, firstly know about insomnia:
What is insomnia?
Insomnia is a sleep disorder, where you often have the trouble while falling asleep. Inn other words, these is a sleeping problem in which you may get too little sleep and having poor sleep quality. You may feel tired when you wake up in the morning. Medically it has been proven that if, someone is not getting adequate sleep for last two or three days and more than a weak, then it will be accepted that he may have insomnia sleep disorder.
Types of insomnia
There are different types of insomnia which we are going to discuss today. these are:
Acute insomnia: Acute insomnia is a short term insomnia, which caused by an incident like stress in job, receiving bad news from somewhere, regular travelling. It happens only for one or two days, and this insomnia can be resolves without any treatment.
Chronic insomnia: This type of insomnia occurs, when a person is having a trouble while falling asleep or staying asleep at least for three nights per week for three or more than three months, then it considered as a sleep disorder and need to be treated.
Comorbid insomnia: This insomnia occurs due to psychological or medical conditions like if some one is stressed and have depression, then he may suffer from uncomfortable sleep at night. Other medical factors also effects the sleep, when a person suffers from any body pain or illness. This make it hard to sleep.
Onset insomnia : In this insomnia, a person finds the difficulty to fall asleep at the beginning of the night.
Maintenance insomnia : This is an insomnia, where a person wake up at the night and have difficulty return to sleep or they are unable to sleep again.
Causes of insomnia
These may happened due to several reason. These reasons are:
- Lots of noise in the bedroom and appropriate or suitable room temperature.
- When you don’t have proper schedule time for sleep.
- You eat heavy meals before sleep.
- When you go to sleep without having your dinner.
- If you’re having any illness or body pain.
- You’re habitual of late night drinking of caffeine like tea or coffee before sleep.
- when you’re excessively take alcohol and cigarettes before sleeping.
- When your bed mattresses are not comfortable for you.
- If you’re suffering from any weird situation.
- If you’re stressful about any issue.
- When you’re continuously thinking of one particular thing.
Treatment or tips to cure insomnia
It has been seen that people who’re suffering from any sleep disorder, they usually takes the help of sleeping pills. which they don’t know, that pills only temporarily treats their sleeping issue not from its root and make themselves habitual of sleeping pills. These pills sometimes effects to our health and that is why we recommend you some tips and remedies to treat your sleep disorder naturally. These are following;
- Before going to sleep, you should keep in mind that your room temperature and mattress should be comfortable to you.
- You can listen soft music and can read any book or magazine before sleep.
- Choose your sleeping place which will dark or without having any light which may usually distracts your sleep.
- Do more and more physical activities through out the day ,these activities not only makes you agile but can also makes tired , so that you can sleep easily.
- Avoid excessive use of caffeine and heavy meals before going to sleep.
- Make a proper schedule of sleeping and awakening.
For more help and information to know about sleep disorder tips check this page “Tips to recall your sleep“